Community Shredding Events
Atlantic Shredding offers free community paper shredding and e-recycling events for confidential papers and old electronics. Documents will be shredded on-site and recycled. Our events are free and open to residents in the Northern Virginia area.
Due to demand, please expect to wait in line for a short period of time.
Please do not shred items that are not confidential like newspapers, magazines and non-identifiable items.
Shredding Event Instructions
- Limit of 5 boxes weighing no more than 30 lbs. each. (Limit will be strictly enforced.)
- Do not put paper documents in plastic bags: Use boxes or paper bags. Totes and reusable bags will be returned.
- Staples, paper clips, and rubber bands do not have to be removed. However, please remove 3-ring binders, large binder clips, plastics, or metals.
- Do not tape boxes shut as it slows down the process.
- Do not mix confidential paper with items that do not require shredding such as newspapers or magazines.